Ruby is the writer behind the brilliant book blog, Feed Me Books Now, one of my favourite book blogs. I’m so lucky to have her here today on day three of my blogoversary celebrations and I’m hoping that once you’ve read the interview you’ll go away and follow her blog because you won’t regret it.
1. Hi Ruby! Can you introduce yourself and your blog?
Heelllloooooooooo, I’m Ruby hehe! 😀 I have a tendancy to use WAY too many smiley faces and most of what I write turns into COMPLETE gibberish! Oh how I love that word! 🙂 Anyway, um… Did I mention I say ‘um’ a lot? Well I do, hehe. Sooo, where was I? Oh yeah. I have this blog called Feed Me Books Now where I basically talk about books (duh!)… And, ah, ahem… Yeah. I’m SO bad at introductions! 😛 Let me start over: I’m Ruby a complete and utter bookworm and nerdfighter, I write book reviews and occasionally fangirl over Will Herondale! Yeah, that’s me in a nutshell…
2. What inspired you to start your own blog?
Sometime last year I discovered two AMAZING book blogs (Anna Reads and Xpresso Reads) and I literally fell in love with them! I knew immediately that a book blog would be the best way for me to combine my love of both reading and writing. 😀 So here I am today… YAY! 😛
3. You’ve recently started a feature called Character Wars. Who is your favourite love interest and who is your favourite female protagonist?
Well my love interest is pretty obvious. William Owen Herondale is the one for me! Back off Tessa because he’s MINE! Mwahahaha. 🙂 I’m pretty sure that I’m the biggest Will fan ever! Well, apart from Rachel (from Booktastic reviews)… She’s just obsessed with him! But jokes aside, I believe he really is the best fictional love interest! He’s snarky and sarcastic & he loves to read… What more could you ask for?
As for favourite female character… I’d have to say Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I mean, she’s just so quirky and unlike any other female leads! AND she has a totally amazing best mate! 😀
4. What are your thoughts on ‘sick-lit’?
5. If you could turn in to an author for the day, who would you choose to become?
JOHN GREEN!!!!! 😀 Who wouldn’t want to be a fab author, the founder of nerdfighteria and the brother of Hank Green?? 😀 Turning into Cassandra Clare would also be pretty cool though… Then I could rewrite the end of Clockwork Princess and say that Will married this girl called Ruby… Hehe. 🙂
6. Name your five favourite book blogs.
Oooh tough one. (I’m not going to include Queen of Contemporary as if you’re reading this you probably already know how fab it is!). I have so many favourites, but here goes with my top five…
2) Bookhi: I only recently discovered this blog… But it’s now my number one go-to blog when I’m looking for book recommendations. Zoe’s reviews are just fab!
3) The Book Babe: I just love reading this blog. Although I sometimes do (admittedly) just go on it so I can stare at the amazing graphics!
4) A Day Dreamers World: Again, I’ve only just started to read this one, but I love all the fab features & Sophie is such a brilliant writer! The header is also just stunning.
5) The Mile Long Bookshelf: Sooooo, a lot of my choices seem to be ones I’ve just discovered… but The Mile Long Bookshelf is so much fun! I love all Amber’s posts. Seriously, check it NOW!
7. Your blog has a brilliant design. Do you have any advice to give to people who are re-designing their blogs?
Aw thank you, glad you think so! 🙂 I’m extremely unprofessional though… I drew the monsters on paint! 😀 Anyway, I’d just say to come up with a colour scheme/theme you can stick to, and to get a basic knowledge of html. There are blogs like Oh Bean! which do some pretty brilliant tutorials! 😀
8. Do you have any tips to give to future book bloggers?
Um yeah… Here’s one tip: enjoy blogging! Don’t feel like you have to post everyday or people will unfollow you… Blogging isn’t a job, it’s a hobby… And just embrace that! 😀
Thank you soooooo much for inviting me to do this interview! Answering the questions was great fun! 😀
Pink Lady 63122 April, 2013 at 5:53 am
You and Ruby’s blog are two of my favourites, so I really enjoyed reading this interview.
aliceinreaderland.com22 April, 2013 at 6:13 am
Fun interview! 🙂 I’m excited about checking out Ruby’s blog, because Character Wars sounds like a really fun feature! ~ Alice @ Alice in Readerland
AwesomeAmy22 April, 2013 at 3:16 pm
Hey Ruby! And Lucy 😉 You stuck to five I see 😉 Five? It’s such a small number! :L I do love Ruby’s Character Wars (and smiley faces). I’m off to see those blogs now (the ones I don’t know already, that is- I’m not a complete blogger fail) 😀
Ruby :)22 April, 2013 at 4:15 pm
AW I LOVED ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS! 😀 So much fun! 🙂 Thank you for inviting me to do this interview, I’m so humbled and honored about what you said at the beginning! 🙂