Fangirl for Fangirl…

IMG_0602

IMG_0615

IMG_0609

Sometimes I think it’s great to try to recreate your favourite book and turn it into a picture. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is an all-time favourite of mine for a variety of reasons and I’m growing to appreciate it even more as I get older. It’s re-readability is off the scale – whenever I’m sad, I know I can pick it up and it will put a smile on my face.

I love how relationships are portrayed in Fangirl – not as simple and straightforward, but complex and with ups and downs.

I also love how it feels as if Cath has been created from a piece of my soul. She’s a character who I can relate to on so many levels and who I feel just gets me.

I love how every time I read it I learn something new about the characters, the plot, the settings.

I love Fangirl. I love it with all my fangirl heart.

10 Comments

1. 20 May, 2015 / 7:05 am

This has reminded me of how much I love this novel. Fangirl is my favourite book and it has helped me so much in the past years due to how much I feel like I can relate to Cath. It truly is a wonderful story.
    Holly recently posted…Read Me Like A Book by Liz KesslerMy Profile

2. 20 May, 2015 / 12:27 pm

I LOVE Fangirl! I can definitely relate to Cath on certain levels, and I love Levi! How can anyone not like Levi?! I have a special edition currently being shipped to me from the US.

Love the photos!

3. 20 May, 2015 / 5:00 pm

I love all the new editions of Fangirl that have been coming out!! It makes me want to spend SO much money! I agree, it definitely has a high readability factor. I read it in one sitting, so I really need to go back and relive some of the moments that I flew past too quickly.
    Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books recently posted…Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreightMy Profile

4. 21 May, 2015 / 12:33 am

My love for Fangirl is so strong!! Its so cool to see a character that I connect with so strong actually in a novel. The act of being a Fangirl is portrayed as a weird thing to be in the “normal” world and its so cool to see one as the focus of a novel and not hidden in the background.
    Arya D.@AryaTheFangirl recently posted…Waiting on Wednsday- Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer LathamMy Profile

5. 21 May, 2015 / 11:35 am

Yes!!!!! YES YES YES.

I love Fangirl so much. It’s one of those books that I know I can read over and over and over again and still find new reasons to love it. I relate to Cath so much she could basically be me. Not even kidding. Except I don’t have Levi and I’m SO SAD ABOUT IT.
    Natalie @ Flowers in my Books recently posted…What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah DessenMy Profile

6. 23 May, 2015 / 4:13 am

Reading Fangirl is like a warm blanket and mug of hot cocoa 🙂 I love it so much. If there are comfort foods, this is my comfort book.
    Shannon recently posted…I Read YA Week! | FridayMy Profile

7. 11 June, 2015 / 5:30 am

I read Fangirl last year and I loved it as well. I just like how the whole story overall was heartwarming and Cath was such a great and relatable character. I see why you love this book so much!
    Chioma recently posted…Let the Summer Begin!My Profile

8. 26 June, 2015 / 8:43 pm

Hi Lucy! *waves*

Isn’t Fangirl just one of the BEST books ever? I read it last summer while I was on holiday and fell utterly in love with it! Like you, I felt like I could really relate to Cath and I absolutely adored Levi too – he’s brilliant! Thanks for sharing and the photos are beautiful too <3