It’s no secret that I’m a massive fan of Rainbow Rowell’s books. Like, seriously, if you were to come up to me and mention one of her books, it’s possible I may scream at you. I really am obsessed. Sometimes I even do silly things in the name of Rainbow and her books.
Today, as part of the Landline blog tour, I’m going to be talking about s0me of the symptoms of being a Rainbow Rowell fanatic.
1. You regularly host Emergency Kanye Dance Parties.
There is nothing better than throwing one of these when you’re feeling a bit down, and they remind me of Cath and Levi.
2. You stare at your phone all day, waiting for a phone call from the past.
I’m not sure what I’d even say if somebody rang me from the past. I’d probably be extremely freaked out at first, maybe even the whole time. If I could speak to anyone, I’d speak to my Granddad just because I can’t think of anyone I’d want to talk to more.
3. You desperately want to read the Simon Snow books, and ship Simon and Baz.
I need more Simon Snow in my life. Gemma T. Leslie, why aren’t you real?! I want to go to Watford!
4. You plan on calling your kids either Cath, Levi, Lincoln, Beth, Jennifer, Georgie, Eleanor, Park or Neal.
I’m serious. It better happen. Populate the Earth with mini Rainbow Rowell characters please!
5. Park isn’t just a place you visit, Levi’s aren’t just jeans, Lincoln isn’t just a president, and Wren isn’t just a bird.
Too many bookish references in everyday life! TOO. MANY. TOO. FUNCTION. NORMALLY.
Are you a Rainbow Rowell fanatic? I know I am!
Landline is out now from Orion Books, and YOU NEED TO HAVE IT IN YOUR LIFE. I mean it! Go out and buy it right this minute (preferably in your local indie bookshop) and then enjoy every single word.