March has been a really good month for me and I’ve read so many amazing books.
Here is the list of this months books:
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
The Prince by Kiera Cass
Numbers by Rachel Ward
Nobody’s Girl by Sarra Manning
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Changeling by Philippa Gregory
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The Hit by Melvin Burgess
Skin Deep by Laura Jarratt
Me, Suzy P by Karen Saunders
Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse
Infinite Sky by C.J. Flood
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
By Any Other Name by Laura Jarratt
So in total I read 19 books! I think this has been my best month yet and I’ve loved nearly every single book that I picked up.
I’d like to thank my librarian, Tracy, for all her recommendations, Sophie from So Many Books, So Little Time for sending me Infinite Sky to read and also to Chicken House for sending me The Hit.
Although there is a clear favourite this month, I’m going to be picking out my five favourite books because I read so many that I loved. I’ve been reading so many five star books and so it’s really not fair if I only choose one!
1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare- This definitely beat all of the other books by miles because it was truly amazing. It made me laugh, cry and scream in frustration which made me vulnerable to some odd looks whilst reading!
2. Skin Deep by Laura Jarratt- This was originally going to be my favourite book of the month but was overtaken by Clockwork Princess right after. I really couldn’t put this down and have since read and loved the author’s second novel, By Any Other Name, although I don’t want to add two books by the same author.
3.The Host by Stephenie Meyer- I finished this two days ago- the last day of March- and, just as above, I couldn’t put it down. I originally wasn’t going to read it but then changed my mind and I’m now waiting to see the film.
4. Nobody’s Girl by Sarra Manning- This was a fun read that I picked up one night after school and I read it within a few hours. I was completely captivated by it.
5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- This was my choice of book for my book club and I really enjoyed it. I’ve never read a book quite like it and loved the world that was created.
Last month I said that I wanted to reach 190 followers by the end of March and I’m actually at 185 right now. I thought that I’d be very upset by this but, actually, I’m not. I’ve eased up a little bit and have decided to take a more relaxed approach with blogging because it should be something I enjoy, rather than finding it a chore/ finding it competitive.
So for this reason, I won’t be making any massive goals this month.
1. Experiment a little bit- I really want to just post when I feel like posting and not worry about how many times I post each week. There may be times when I post every day, and there may be times when I post twice a week but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.
2. Read ten books- I might be able to push this a little higher but lately I’ve been enjoying reading for fun and so I want to continue doing this.
3. Read more UKYA- I did read quite a bit in March but I want to start prioritising more and I think UKYA will be top of my list.
4. Have a really good blogoversary- My blogoversary is coming up on April 20th and so I’m going to start planning out this week so that I’m prepared.
What did you achieve in March? What are you hoping to do in April?
Zoe Crook2 April, 2013 at 3:14 pm
Wow, you’ve read some amazing books this month! I really want to read Vortex, Wither, Skin Deep and Clockwork Princess. I’m so glad that you’ve enjoyed nearly every book 🙂
Good luck with your April resolutions. I’m very excited for your April blogoversary! 😀
Rebekah Campbell2 April, 2013 at 9:49 pm
Wow, March has definitely been successful for you! So many freaking awesome books, glad to see you enjoyed Nobody’s Girl as well. Adorkable was such good fun so definitely need to check that one out 🙂
The Host may need to be checked out from the library! What did you think of Wither? I thought it was cool but there was something about it that has me holding off on the sequels :S
Sophie Louise3 April, 2013 at 10:43 am
Wow-so many books! Amazing choices! I still need to read TID by Cassandra Clare but it is on the top of my wish-list! Sever is another book in the Wither Series and I’ve read there’s a huge-shock in it? And THRONE OF GLASS! LOVED IT! I read that too this month and it’s one of my all-time favourites. I’m planning to re-read a few books this month and read some classics. Are you going to read the Throne of Glass Novellas? There’s another love-interest that should interest you! Just meet Sam!
aliceinreaderland.com5 April, 2013 at 4:35 pm
I hope you have a fantastic blogoversary, and I’m excited to see what ten books you’ll read! 🙂
Alice @ Alice in Readerland