Letterbox Love (9)

Letterbox Love is a UK based feature where book bloggers showcase the books that they received that week, be they eBooks, paperbacks, hardbacks or any other format. It is hosted by Lynsey from Narratively Speaking.
I’ve decided to post this a day earlier than normal today!
This week I’ve been very daring and filmed a vlog! It was such a random thing to do, but something I’ve wanted to do for ages. It’s a little blurry and quiet, but I’m rather proud of it.Β
Books Mentioned:Β

Icons by Margaret Stohl
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
VIII by H.M. Castor
Angel Kiss by Laura Jane Cassidy
Lock & Key by Sarah Dessen
Life As We Knew It by Susan Pfeffer

People Mentioned:

What did you receive this week? Link back to your own posts and I’ll be sure to check them out!Β
Share:

19 Comments

1. 11 May, 2013 / 12:31 pm

Oh, the Mockingbirds is great but very emotional and dark. You’ll have to let me know what you think.
    I have an e-galley of the 5th wave which I started and it’s really good so far.
    I love Sarah Dessen’s books too and Lock and Key is great!
    Hope you enjoy your books and you did great with your vlog πŸ™‚

2. 11 May, 2013 / 1:12 pm

I just finished the 5th Wave and it was really good so I’m sure you’ll enjoy it πŸ™‚ Hope you like Everneath! Life As We Knew It is VERY creepy so you’ve been warned πŸ˜›

3. 11 May, 2013 / 2:13 pm

Ooooh please do more vlogs in the future! The 5th Wave is seriously amazing, and Broken Soup is such a quirky and fun read! I guarantee you’ll love both of them. πŸ™‚ Oh, and I’m so jealous of you… I’m dying to read Icons!!!

4. 11 May, 2013 / 3:45 pm

I also have Icons and the 5th Wave πŸ™‚ And I still have Everneath sitting on my shelf that I need to get to! Awesome haul πŸ™‚ And happy reading!

Janina
    My Haul!

5. 11 May, 2013 / 4:10 pm

That haul was definitely worth a vlog (I’m terrible at watching them so it’s on my to watch list)- congrats on filming your first one! I love that it’s not too long (hence why it made it onto the “watch list”).
    What did I recieve? Well, an Amazon kindle freebie (deal ended- sorry): Once Upon a Tag (short story) by Anna Adams & from the library I borrowed Boys For Beginners by Lil’ Chase. Neither came through a letterbook but hurrah for the UK equivalent anyway (I’d have participated in the meme *if* I actually had a real haul as I’m a UK blogger, aren’t I?) XD
    For those who are unsure if I am a UK blogger my blog should give you a hint: http://spreadingukya2013.blogspot.com

6. 11 May, 2013 / 4:34 pm

I really want The 5th Wave!! Heard so many awesome things about it!! πŸ˜€ Everneath is on my TBR list too cause it has something to do with Greek mythology. (Hey, I’m a Greek Geek :P) Icons sounds like a promising book and it’s completely different from Margaret Stohl’s other book Beautiful Creature. Anyway, I hope you’ll enjoy your books and happy reading!! πŸ˜€

7. 11 May, 2013 / 5:31 pm

Great vlog! Luurve The 5th Wave πŸ˜‰

8. 11 May, 2013 / 5:39 pm

Aww Lucy it’s so lovely to hear you speak! πŸ˜€ you should definitely vlog more – you’re a natural! (I keep meaning to do vlogs but I’m so shy and terrified!) So jealous you won a copy of The 5th Wave – I’m so curious about that one because of all the hype! Can’t wait to hear what you think πŸ˜€ I really want to read Icons too. I’ll have to check up some of those ones you got from the library because I haven’t heard of them either. Sometimes it’s refreshing to pick up a book you know absolutely nothing about! I always want to do it more but then see the size of my TBR and decide I should probably stick to it :’) great video and I hope to see more vlogs from you in the future!

9. 11 May, 2013 / 6:00 pm

Brilliant first vlog! You got some amazing books! I really adored The 5th Wave which I just finished. Everneath is another favourite of mine also. πŸ™‚

10. 11 May, 2013 / 6:37 pm

OOH! Such a great vlog, Lucy! You need a great job, if I ever do a vlog it would be awful and I’d probably hesitate and blush a lot. :/ I hope we see more of your vlogs in the future!

Lock & Key is brilliant, Sarah Dessen is such a fabulous author. I have The 5th Wave soon and I can’t wait to read it. Happy reading πŸ™‚

11. 12 May, 2013 / 4:07 am

5th Wave is the next book on my “to-read” list.

12. 12 May, 2013 / 10:21 am

Brilliant vlog! Lock & Key is awesome (as is everything ever written by Sarah Dessen). Icons and The 5th Wave also both look great and scary. Hope you enjoy your books!

13. 12 May, 2013 / 11:48 am

Everneath is great! I really want Icons and The 5th Wave – they both look AMAZING! I started Lock & Key at one point a few years ago but never finished it. I hope you enjoy all these reads! Great blog! πŸ˜€

14. 12 May, 2013 / 5:54 pm

Great Vlog! I keep hearing good things about The 5th Wave and Icons, so I hope you enjoy them! I’ve been meaning to pick them up myself but haven’t gotten round to it yet. Have you thought of also making a Vlog and joining the BookTuber community? I’m sure they’d love to have you!

15. 12 May, 2013 / 7:04 pm

Nice haul, love the video, you’re so cute! :)I’ve been meaning to read Everneath for a while, looking forward to your thoughts!

16. 12 May, 2013 / 7:27 pm

A Vlog! *waves* I could never do a vlog, but I’m glad you did! I tried to read Icons, but couldn’t get past the first fifty pages. I will re-try it, but it’s quite a confusing concept. But, I cannot wait to read The 5th Wave, I got it this week too!
    -Sophie