1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
My favourite books of the year are easy to choose as they are also my favourite books of all time! I’m going to have to choose Shaman of Stonewylde by Kit Berry and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Matched by Ally Condie. I don’t really know why I didn’t enjoy them as they were written beautifully but I just didn’t enjoy them very much!
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky! It went from being a 3 star to a 5 star and one of my favourites!
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Magus of Stonewylde by Kit Berry! I recommended it to a lot of people and even got my mum to read it!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
This is really hard! I really enjoyed the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater as well as the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick! If I have to choose though I’m going to have to say the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike as I really loved them!
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
John Green, Maggie Stiefvater, Becca Fitzpatrick, Aprilynne Pike, Stephanie Perkins, Marie-Louise Jensen, Veronica Roth, Cassandra Clare.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I’m going to say The Wolves of Mercy Falls series as Shiver was really my first supernatural YA novel and I wasn’t sure how much I was going to like it.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Shaman of Stonewylde by Kit Berry as I couldn’t put it down for around 3 to 4 days. And I nearly hit somebody as they tried to take my bookmark out of the book!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
This is really hard! I have loads of books that I could re-read next year! I’m going to try and read Matched again as I really didn’t enjoy it the first time. I also really want to re-read Finding Sky by Joss Stirling as I can’t get enough of the Benedict brothers!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Destined by Aprilynne Pike! I really love seeing the Wings series on my bookshelf as they are just so pretty!
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
I’m probably going to have a long list here!
Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Ethan Wate from Beautiful Creatures as well as Lena Duchannes from the same novel.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I really don’t know how one person can write something so beautiful and descriptive.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Shaman of Stonewylde, again! I couldn’t stop crying for days after reading it and I still feel teary now when I think of it!
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. Although I didn’t cry, it was probably the first book that has made me want to cry!
Queen’s Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle. I was sent this book to review as part of the Spinebreakers website and I really loved it. It had such an affect on me and I can’t wait to read more from this author!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It was first published in 1999 so I’ve had ages to read it, but I never did!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
And in that moment, I swear we were infinite
-The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can’t tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.
-The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
“What a slut time is. She screws everybody.“
–The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Wow! I can’t think!
The longest was probably Shaman of Stonewylde as it is a very long book!
And the shortest was The Realm of the Lost by Emma Eden Ramos
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The Fault in Our Stars! THAT ENDING. WOAH.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Simon and Clary! I love their friendship! They’re just so sweet!
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
I’m going to have to say something other than Shaman of Stonewylde for once!
Velvet by Mary Hooper! I think I read this sometime in January, and I love historical fiction!
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson! Thanks Kyra, for recommending this!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
So many! I’ll just choose a few! I’m sorry if I’ve missed you out!
Rebecca-Books– I love this blog so much! And I’ve finally found someone who loves historical fiction as much as me!
**Singing and Reading in the Rain**-Eileen! My Spazzy Alligator! This blog is just so pretty! LOOK AT THAT BACKGROUND.
Bookhi– This blog is owned by one of my favourite book bloggers, Zoe!
Blog of a Bookaholic– Kyra has helped me so much and I will be forever grateful for her help!
Fluttering Butterflies– If you were to look in the dictionary for the definition of the word ‘amazing,’ then this blog would be the answer! It is definitely one of my favourites!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
I’m not sure! I love them all! I can’t choose: it wouldn’t be fair on all the other reviews!
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
Why Do I Read?- I love this one because I feel so passionate about the fact that everyone should read!
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
When Did Blogging Become Cool?– This discussion was written by Rebecca from Rebecca-Books and it’s a post that I can relate to. It’s also a post that I wish I had written as it really is amazing!
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I’ve been to two book signings this year- both for the same author. I really loved meeting Kit Berry, the author of my favourite books, the Stonewylde series.
|This was in October! I’m a little awestruck!|
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Reaching 100 followers! I only achieved this the other day but I was so proud and I also went a little hyper ( a lot of that was down to Eileen, though!)
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most popular reviews were City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My ‘Why Do I Read?’ discussion! I really loved writing it but didn’t feel like it got enough views 🙁
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Goodreads! How did I survive without it?!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed the 2012 Goodreads reading challenge! I’m really pleased as I didn’t think I would complete it at first!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone! I’ve wanted to read it since it was released but haven’t got around to it yet!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I would love to reach 200 followers! I’m not sure what else! I’d just like to keep doing what I’m doing now!