After seeing this posted on Zoe’s blog, I knew that I wanted to write my own. I don’t usually participate in tags but this is a really good one and I like the idea of it.
There are 10 categories- which means ten invites- and you have to talk about which fictional characters you would invite to your fantasy dinner party.
1. One Character Who Likes To Cook- Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is also known as ‘The Boy with the Bread’ because he is the son of two bakers. I really like Peeta as a character and he would be a welcome addition to my dinner party.
2. One Character Who Has Money To Fund The Party- Hale from the Heist Society novels by Ally Carter is often spending his money in the books, helping the thieves jet across the world. I think he’d have no trouble funding my dinner party.
3. One Character Who Might Cause a Scene- Zoe from Dead Romantic by C.J. Skuse has a tendency to want to bring things back to life. I think if there was meat to eat at the party then she’d be up on the table, trying to get it to wake up and run away.
4. One Character Who Is Funny/Amusing- Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare never fails to make me laugh. With his awkwardness and overall geeky attitude, he’s a character that I would love to meet and would certainly add something to the dinner party.
5. One Character Who Is Super Social/Popular- With over 500,000 Twitter followers and a lot of blog followers Jeane Smith from Adorkable by Sarra Manning would certainly be a hit at my dinner party. I think she’d definitely spice things up, as well!
6. One Villain- President Snow from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is a villain that I can understand. It isn’t often that I find a villain who I sympathise with and, even though President Snow did some pretty evil things, I think he thought he was doing the right thing.
7. One Couple (doesn’t have to be romantic)- Mia Thermopolis and Michael Moscovitz from the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot would be incredibly sweet. I’ve always loved reading this series and so I’d probably squeal an awful lot if they appeared at my dinner party.
8. One Hero/Heroine- Saba from Blood Red Road by Moira Young is one of my favourite characters of all time. She’s kickass, admirable and just generally awesome.
9. One Under appreciated Character- Iko from Cinder by Marissa Meyer is a really cool android and I really liked her in Cinder. I really think more people should be talking about her.
10. A Character of Your Own Choosing- There are so many characters that I could choose for this one and so I was really scouring my shelves. But then I realised that I could choose anybody and so I decided to pick my husband, Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. I need a date, don’t I?!
If you’d like to write your own post then feel free! I tag everyone!
Pink Lady 6318 May, 2013 at 4:17 am
Great Tag! I chose Simon as well. Oh my I jut finished C.Princess. Will is MY husband, haha. So sad 🙁
So Many Books, So Little Time8 May, 2013 at 2:46 pm
I’ll fight you for Will… :p
This is a great tag actully – I might give it a go!
Tilly Currer8 May, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Cool tag, I’d certainly want Peter to cook the meal–although would everyone just end up eating bread? Haha, I’m also afraid Simon can’t come to your dinner party, as he’s hanging out with me ;P
Rachel (Booktastic Reviews) :D8 May, 2013 at 4:37 pm
You are mistaken, Will is married to moi! Unless he’s cheating on all of us?!?! :O
Iko!!!!! She was my favourite character in Cinder so I would also happily have her at my dinner party too! And Saba! And Peeta! I love them both as well! 😀
Cait8 May, 2013 at 6:55 pm
Haha I love this idea! Hale would deffo be my choice 😉 Simon would for sure bring some entertainment and ofc you need an attractive and quick-witted date 😉
Sophie Louise8 May, 2013 at 7:27 pm
I don’t believe I was stuck on the character who wanted to bake! How could I forget about Peeta? And I completely get what you said about Snow, but please remember to send me an invite?
And by the way, I think I need to read TID. I mean, Will Herondale sounds amazing!
Hollie8 May, 2013 at 8:28 pm
I love this tag! I’d definitely invite Peeta to cook for my dinner party…although I’d probably change it to a tea party so he could just make lots of cake haha! 😀
Ruby :)8 May, 2013 at 8:58 pm
COME ON GUYS, HE’S OBVIOUSLY MINE!!!! 🙂 Oh, and great guests – I better be invited too! 🙂
Zoe Crook9 May, 2013 at 7:17 pm
I can’t believe I forgot about Peeta! THE BOY WITH THE BREAD! Having Simon Lewis, Mia and Michael at my dinner party would be amazing. I like what you said about President Snow – I think it is clever when the author generally portrays the villain as bad but if you look in-between the lines, they have good intentions.
Great choices, Lucy! But … um… isn’t Will Herondale mine? Sorry everyone, he abandoned Tessa for me.. I guess it was fate 😉
aliceinreaderland.com10 May, 2013 at 4:47 am
This was so fun to read! I agree, Hale should definitely fund your dinner party (and maybe you can find out what the ‘W.W’ in his name stands for)! 🙂
Alice @ Alice in Readerland