A Celebration! 1 Million Views + New Design!

IMG_1841

I am incredibly excited, and feel very proud, to be writing this post today. Over three years ago, I created Queen of Contemporary and when I started I never thought I’d reach a point where I’d be able to say, “I’ve passed one million views on my blog!” How insane is that?! To celebrate, I made some extremely sparkly butterfly cakes, and I also redesigned my blog!

Whilst there have been certain designs on my blog that I’ve loved, I’ve never felt like any of them 100% fit the image in my head. As soon as I started work on my new theme, however, I knew it was The One. Look how gorgeous it is!! I adore the professional feel to it but I also feel as if it’s a warm, community space which is what I want my blog to be. I’m looking forward to showing it off a lot more in the coming weeks and months!

Thank you so much for your continued support in my blog’s journey. It means the world to me that I am part of a loving, friendly and welcoming community.

I really hope you enjoy the upcoming content and changes on Queen of Contemporary. Take a look around, enjoy the view, and relax with a good book!

What do you think of the new Queen of Contemporary design?

Lucy Powrie

Lucy Powrie is a blogger, YouTuber and author from the UK. When she's not reading, she enjoys cuddling guinea pigs and eating Oreo chocolate, but let's be real: she's mostly always reading.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

1. Reply

Sophie

22 August, 2015

Congrats on the page views, that’s an amazing achievement! I’m loving the new theme, it’s really clean and simple, and nice to look at 🙂
    Sophie recently posted…Stacking the Shelves: August 22nd 2015My Profile

Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015

Thank you! So glad you love it!

2. Reply

Michelle

22 August, 2015

Congratulations Lucy! I love your new design – simple, clean and fresh 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing what else you have in store! Congratulations once again – you should be so proud of all the work you’ve done to create such a large following 🙂
    Michelle recently posted…Highly Recommended: Contemporary OzYA (part one)My Profile

Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015

Thank you, Michelle! Thank you for your all your lovely support. You’re the best!

3. Reply

Natalie @ Flowers in my Books

22 August, 2015

Congratulations! That’s amazing <3

I love the new design, I think it's professional and classy but still has a welcoming feel to it which I love.
    Natalie @ Flowers in my Books recently posted…Saint Anything by Sarah DessenMy Profile

Lucy Powrie

22 August, 2015

I’m so glad to hear that! Thank you, Natalie!

4. Reply

Rebecca @ Reading Wishes

22 August, 2015

I’m a very recent follow here (hi! *waves*), so this is my first time commenting and it’s a rather nice time to be commenting with all these milestones and celebrations! Huge congrats on a million views (that’s amazing!) and lovely new design! Glad you found The One.
    Rebecca @ Reading Wishes recently posted…On the Old Days & Reminiscing About My Past TBRMy Profile

Lucy Powrie

22 August, 2015

Hello! *waves*
      Thank you for your lovely comment, Rebecca!

5. Reply

Gee Stencel

22 August, 2015

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING ONE MILLION VIEWS, LUCY!!!! The new design is absolutely beautiful, it looks professional but it really suits the blog so well! (And the cakes look so yummy to eat, by the way!) I cannot wait to read future posts from you, as this is one of my favourite bookish blogs! Once again, Lucy, congratulations! *massive hug* I’m so happy for you! x
    Gee Stencel recently posted…Twisted Minds by Zoe Adams (Twisted Minds, #1)My Profile

Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015

THANK YOU!
      The cakes were extremely yummy and now nearly all gone, sadly. Thank you – that’s so lovely to hear!

6. Reply

Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic

23 August, 2015

EEEK CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is an outstanding achievement! 😀 I LOVE the new design too! It’s so sleek and professional! Well done, Lucy, you’ve done so well with your blog in the past 3 years! xx
    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic recently posted…Bout of Books Update: Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 (I’m bad at being organized, I know)My Profile

Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015

THANK YOU!! It’s crazy!! The past three years have been insane. And you were one of my first ever blogging friends!!

7. Reply

Denise @ The Bibliolater

23 August, 2015

Congratulations on 1 million views! It’s so many people… I can barely even imagine it!
    The new design is super. I like the way it’s really clean and minimalist (I’m not a fan of busy blogs), but it still feels welcoming and a bit homely 🙂
    Denise @ The Bibliolater recently posted…Blog Tour: Becoming DeathMy Profile

Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015

I can’t either! Thank you! So lovely to hear your feedback. 🙂

8. Reply

Jackie

24 August, 2015

I love the new design! I’m a sucker for crisp, clean lines 🙂 I’m also a sucker for cupcakes; those look so delicious. Congratulations ONE MILLION page views! That’s a heck of a milestone.
    Jackie recently posted…Four More YA Books that RockMy Profile

9. Reply

Sarah

1 September, 2015

Well done Lucy, Congratulations. Hope to see you at the Bath Kids Lit Festival.