A Celebration! 1 Million Views + New Design!

I am incredibly excited, and feel very proud, to be writing this post today. Over three years ago, I created Queen of Contemporary and when I started I never thought I’d reach a point where I’d be able to say, “I’ve passed one million views on my blog!” How insane is that?! To celebrate, I made some extremely sparkly butterfly cakes, and I also redesigned my blog!

Whilst there have been certain designs on my blog that I’ve loved, I’ve never felt like any of them 100% fit the image in my head. As soon as I started work on my new theme, however, I knew it was The One. Look how gorgeous it is!! I adore the professional feel to it but I also feel as if it’s a warm, community space which is what I want my blog to be. I’m looking forward to showing it off a lot more in the coming weeks and months!

Thank you so much for your continued support in my blog’s journey. It means the world to me that I am part of a loving, friendly and welcoming community.

I really hope you enjoy the upcoming content and changes on Queen of Contemporary. Take a look around, enjoy the view, and relax with a good book!

What do you think of the new Queen of Contemporary design?

1. 22 August, 2015 / 10:50 am

Congrats on the page views, that’s an amazing achievement! I’m loving the new theme, it’s really clean and simple, and nice to look at 🙂
    Sophie recently posted…Stacking the Shelves: August 22nd 2015My Profile

2. 22 August, 2015 / 11:11 am

Congratulations Lucy! I love your new design – simple, clean and fresh 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing what else you have in store! Congratulations once again – you should be so proud of all the work you’ve done to create such a large following 🙂
    Michelle recently posted…Highly Recommended: Contemporary OzYA (part one)My Profile

• 23 August, 2015 / 3:21 pm

Thank you, Michelle! Thank you for your all your lovely support. You’re the best!

• 22 August, 2015 / 1:04 pm

I’m so glad to hear that! Thank you, Natalie!

3. 22 August, 2015 / 1:50 pm

I’m a very recent follow here (hi! *waves*), so this is my first time commenting and it’s a rather nice time to be commenting with all these milestones and celebrations! Huge congrats on a million views (that’s amazing!) and lovely new design! Glad you found The One.
    Rebecca @ Reading Wishes recently posted…On the Old Days & Reminiscing About My Past TBRMy Profile

• 22 August, 2015 / 2:10 pm

Hello! *waves*
      Thank you for your lovely comment, Rebecca!

4. 22 August, 2015 / 2:04 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING ONE MILLION VIEWS, LUCY!!!! The new design is absolutely beautiful, it looks professional but it really suits the blog so well! (And the cakes look so yummy to eat, by the way!) I cannot wait to read future posts from you, as this is one of my favourite bookish blogs! Once again, Lucy, congratulations! *massive hug* I’m so happy for you! x
    Gee Stencel recently posted…Twisted Minds by Zoe Adams (Twisted Minds, #1)My Profile

• 23 August, 2015 / 3:15 pm

THANK YOU!
      The cakes were extremely yummy and now nearly all gone, sadly. Thank you – that’s so lovely to hear!

• 23 August, 2015 / 3:21 pm

THANK YOU!! It’s crazy!! The past three years have been insane. And you were one of my first ever blogging friends!!

5. 23 August, 2015 / 2:32 pm

Congratulations on 1 million views! It’s so many people… I can barely even imagine it!
    The new design is super. I like the way it’s really clean and minimalist (I’m not a fan of busy blogs), but it still feels welcoming and a bit homely 🙂
    Denise @ The Bibliolater recently posted…Blog Tour: Becoming DeathMy Profile

• 23 August, 2015 / 3:23 pm

I can’t either! Thank you! So lovely to hear your feedback. 🙂

6. 24 August, 2015 / 1:49 am

I love the new design! I’m a sucker for crisp, clean lines 🙂 I’m also a sucker for cupcakes; those look so delicious. Congratulations ONE MILLION page views! That’s a heck of a milestone.
    Jackie recently posted…Four More YA Books that RockMy Profile

7. 1 September, 2015 / 8:12 am

Well done Lucy, Congratulations. Hope to see you at the Bath Kids Lit Festival.