A Celebration! 1 Million Views + New Design!

22 August, 2015

IMG_1841

I am incredibly excited, and feel very proud, to be writing this post today. Over three years ago, I created Queen of Contemporary and when I started I never thought I’d reach a point where I’d be able to say, “I’ve passed one million views on my blog!” How insane is that?! To celebrate, I made some extremely sparkly butterfly cakes, and I also redesigned my blog!

Whilst there have been certain designs on my blog that I’ve loved, I’ve never felt like any of them 100% fit the image in my head. As soon as I started work on my new theme, however, I knew it was The One. Look how gorgeous it is!! I adore the professional feel to it but I also feel as if it’s a warm, community space which is what I want my blog to be. I’m looking forward to showing it off a lot more in the coming weeks and months!

Thank you so much for your continued support in my blog’s journey. It means the world to me that I am part of a loving, friendly and welcoming community.

I really hope you enjoy the upcoming content and changes on Queen of Contemporary. Take a look around, enjoy the view, and relax with a good book!

What do you think of the new Queen of Contemporary design?

16 Comments

• Sophie

22 August, 2015 at 10:50 am

Congrats on the page views, that’s an amazing achievement! I’m loving the new theme, it’s really clean and simple, and nice to look at 🙂
    Sophie recently posted…Stacking the Shelves: August 22nd 2015My Profile

1. Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Thank you! So glad you love it!

• Michelle

22 August, 2015 at 11:11 am

Congratulations Lucy! I love your new design – simple, clean and fresh 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing what else you have in store! Congratulations once again – you should be so proud of all the work you’ve done to create such a large following 🙂
    Michelle recently posted…Highly Recommended: Contemporary OzYA (part one)My Profile

1. Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Thank you, Michelle! Thank you for your all your lovely support. You’re the best!

• Natalie @ Flowers in my Books

22 August, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Congratulations! That’s amazing <3

I love the new design, I think it's professional and classy but still has a welcoming feel to it which I love.
    Natalie @ Flowers in my Books recently posted…Saint Anything by Sarah DessenMy Profile

1. Lucy Powrie

22 August, 2015 at 1:04 pm

I’m so glad to hear that! Thank you, Natalie!

• Rebecca @ Reading Wishes

22 August, 2015 at 1:50 pm

I’m a very recent follow here (hi! *waves*), so this is my first time commenting and it’s a rather nice time to be commenting with all these milestones and celebrations! Huge congrats on a million views (that’s amazing!) and lovely new design! Glad you found The One.
    Rebecca @ Reading Wishes recently posted…On the Old Days & Reminiscing About My Past TBRMy Profile

1. Lucy Powrie

22 August, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Hello! *waves*
      Thank you for your lovely comment, Rebecca!

• Gee Stencel

22 August, 2015 at 2:04 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING ONE MILLION VIEWS, LUCY!!!! The new design is absolutely beautiful, it looks professional but it really suits the blog so well! (And the cakes look so yummy to eat, by the way!) I cannot wait to read future posts from you, as this is one of my favourite bookish blogs! Once again, Lucy, congratulations! *massive hug* I’m so happy for you! x
    Gee Stencel recently posted…Twisted Minds by Zoe Adams (Twisted Minds, #1)My Profile

1. Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015 at 3:15 pm

THANK YOU!
      The cakes were extremely yummy and now nearly all gone, sadly. Thank you – that’s so lovely to hear!

• Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic

23 August, 2015 at 10:28 am

EEEK CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is an outstanding achievement! 😀 I LOVE the new design too! It’s so sleek and professional! Well done, Lucy, you’ve done so well with your blog in the past 3 years! xx
    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic recently posted…Bout of Books Update: Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 (I’m bad at being organized, I know)My Profile

1. Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015 at 3:21 pm

THANK YOU!! It’s crazy!! The past three years have been insane. And you were one of my first ever blogging friends!!

• Denise @ The Bibliolater

23 August, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Congratulations on 1 million views! It’s so many people… I can barely even imagine it!
    The new design is super. I like the way it’s really clean and minimalist (I’m not a fan of busy blogs), but it still feels welcoming and a bit homely 🙂
    Denise @ The Bibliolater recently posted…Blog Tour: Becoming DeathMy Profile

1. Lucy Powrie

23 August, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I can’t either! Thank you! So lovely to hear your feedback. 🙂

• Jackie

24 August, 2015 at 1:49 am

I love the new design! I’m a sucker for crisp, clean lines 🙂 I’m also a sucker for cupcakes; those look so delicious. Congratulations ONE MILLION page views! That’s a heck of a milestone.
    Jackie recently posted…Four More YA Books that RockMy Profile

• Sarah

1 September, 2015 at 8:12 am

Well done Lucy, Congratulations. Hope to see you at the Bath Kids Lit Festival.